Thursday, July 16, 2009

much of a muchness is too fucking much

What the fuck.

Have you seen the latest tweet? Have you seen the video on MGR’s 3rd mistresses’ fourth cousin? Have you checked the facebook video of the guys who are in the driving challenge? Have you been to the page of the famous blah blaher who sprouts deep insightful shit about deep insightful things like nostril hair? And don’t tell me you haven’t seen the latest “I thought they were all dead” band’s video. It’s all over the net. And oh...while you are at it...also go see that fantastic dead poets work that’s been recreated by a visually impaired artist. And no...no way...you still haven’t caught that fabulous speech given that that cool stoner guy. And when are you going to check out that amazing community idea that the guys who get paid a lot thought of.

NEVER.

Because there is just too much shit going around. And yeah, I admit, it is all interesting. Okay, most of it is. Some of it is just cool to know so I can say, “ wow...did you see that...genius dude.”

But I have a frikking life. And only 24 hours to live it. And I also have work, and a commute, and some peeing and crapping and showering and brushing(twice a day at least) to do. Also some dressing, and some eating. And ya, large chunks of working. And yeah, phone calls...I have to take them okay...try not talking to my folks for two days. And a love life. And some bits of TV watching. And three books to finish. And pet-the-dog time.

So where’s the bloody time to keep abreast with this information overload that's spilling out of every laptop faster than PC Sarkar can change his bedsheets?

Stop, get me out of here. Take my dark circles, my good man, and let me go free. Please.

Push it through the doors

cause in between the lines

I'm gonna pack more lines

so I can get them in

too much - dave matthews band

13 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

Dude you totally missed out the "How well do you know me's"
You could NOT not have seen those fb quizzes.
What you're not on fb :O
OMFG!
what're you like in a coma?


"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life.
Trying to make ends meet, trying to find somebody, then you die...
...(It justs sex and violence melody and silence)"

PCsarkar's bedsheets *snort snort*

agent green glass said...

ooh. sex and violence, melody and silence. that's like a tarantino film!

i think i have a solution thought. i'm moving to the 48 hour day.

slash\\ said...

48-hr day won't help. There's a Newtonian-Murphy-combo law that expands the stuff you've to do to overspill the time that you have to do that stuff. (A corollary of this law applies to our salaries/increments too)

Meghana Naidu said...

i once i tried to make it 39 (occult involved, yes)
it doesnt change a thing though.
i now solemnly belive in slash's newtonion-murphy law

remember try to make ends meet... then you die

and have a good morning :evil grin:

agent green glass said...

@pinku: i wish i were super selective. problem is i'm closer to octopus meets headless chicken. if i see know its there, i must see it...and then get frazzled coz i don't have the time to see it.
but yes, i will zen. soon.

@slash: newton/murphy combo law. thank you. one more thing to pedia. you really are a friend.

@meghana: 39 hours uh? and why didn't it work? i'm thinking of declaring the same at work. even if i can get away with it for a week...aah.

and try to make ends meet.. and then you die...thanks...can i get you some salt to rub as well.

Kalyan Karmakar said...

I only look at status updates or inbox in F B.

And trying to figure out whether I should write or read books. Thankfully telly has gone down the drain

slash\\ said...

Pedia won't help. Was a home-cooked formula. You of course would know of both Newton and Murphy separately.
But wait. Wiki is open source, so maybe i can make an entry and take credit ;)

Kokonad said...

Shut it all down, go Sanyaas for a week or two, and you will be all wound down. :)

I SO understand your emotions!

ani_aset said...

there's an award for you on my blog :D

As the Mind Meanders said...

How I wish I was born before man invented the wheel :-(

ani_aset said...

Can one read while walking...mmm I need to have twitter application for my phone..i need one in loo too..some gadget there would be fine..there is so much time i sleep...can i stay connected while i sleep too?

Small Miracle said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]PpcsNMggCpzdIp[/url] , BEGXZvmdrJvLPubt , http://hhmgziigpu.com